We are recruiting for a Commercial Manager. You can find all the job information and details on how you can apply below.
Commercial Manager (Commercial Director designate)
Salary: In the region of £60K plus bonus/profit-share:
Company Car, Pension, 26 days holiday + bank holidays, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Private Health Insurance
We are the UK’s most-trusted modular shower and bathroom supplier; at the forefront of offsite, pre-fabricated shower solutions. Based in Yorkshire, we have been in business for over 40 years and operate nationally, with a small number of exports as far afield as Antarctica and Africa.
Our products are excellent, but it is our people who make the difference. We are a friendly, easy-going company and value all of our employees, so we are determined to ensure that our company is a brilliant place to work and build a career.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager/Director to add value to our business development strategy by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing all aspects of the commercial function.
With an excellent team of designers and a skilled manufacturing team, the company is investing in new product development and manufacturing capacity to support the growth in sales. The business growth focus remains UK-based, increasing our presence in existing sectors and expanding into new markets.
Working with our designers and manufacturing team the Commercial Manager will plan, implement and execute this growth strategy.
The Commercial Manager will be required to manage business development, tendering, commercial contracts and existing customer relationships.
We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and also the great leadership skills that are required to manage the sales, marketing and customer support teams. You are likely to be an experienced Commercial Manager with Construction sector experience, looking for an opportunity to make the leap into a director position.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies and objectives aimed at accelerating growth
- Create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities, encompassing expansion and business development
- Manage and execute the business plans providing regular feedback throughout and adapting where necessary to ensure success
- Consistently review the customer cycle ensuring existing customers’ needs are met
- Ensure sound governance of contracts, tender documents, managing of customer expectation and communication
- Collaborate, co-ordinate and manage diverse teams through inspirational leadership (sales/marketing, customer service, technical design, production and supply chain)
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the senior team
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Proven experience as commercial manager/director
- Able to demonstrate Inspirational leadership
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients within the construction sector
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial/legal awareness and a strategic mindset
- Outstanding communication (written/oral) and interpersonal abilities
- Business-based degree/vocational qualification
- An understanding of working within a manufacturing business is desirable but not essential.
The role will involve regular time spent working within our offices in Yorkshire balanced with time out and about to support the sales team, meet with customers and suppliers, networking and creating opportunities to raise the profile of the business.
If you are interested, please apply with a CV and a covering letter telling us about yourself and why you are the right person to take on the challenge of running and growing our business. We also welcome short videos as part of the application process.
Please note, we do not accept applications via agencies.